Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Crock Pot Roast In Golden Mushroom Wine Sauce

This souper-easy pot roast will satisfy 
your need for yummy comfort food. 
It takes only 5 minutes to put together. 
I used the crock pot, but when I was given this
recipe from a relative, crock pots weren't even
on the market yet. That's how old this one is.
I love the memories behind each recipe I've
been given. They're the best "souvenir". 
So, you can make this pot roast in the 
crock pot or in the oven. I've given cooking
times for each option. 
The Golden Mushroom soup and sherry wine are
what make this recipe different from others.  
I always use the dry sherry (not cooking sherry) 
in this recipe.. I use it in several other recipes 
as well, but it's also suitable to drink.
 Mix everything together in the crock pot 
then add the meat. 
 Turn it over to coat 
both sides with sauce.
 My favorite: cover and know that 
dinner is taken care of and the house
will smell amazing when we walk in. 
 I love mashed potatoes with this dinner. 
They are so worth the effort, but if you're
short on time, you can microwave a potato.
There's plenty of gravy to ladle over 
everything. Carrots always seem appropriate 
with pot roast for me. I just microwaved 
them, then added butter, salt and pepper

Easy Pot Roast In Wine Sauce
2-3 lbs chuck or rump roast
1 can Golden Mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
½ C dry sherry (or burgundy)
½ C water
Add the mushroom soup, onion soup, garlic,
and bay leaf to the pot. Pour the sherry and
water into the empty soup can; stir to get
out any remaining soup. Add to the pot. 
Mix everything together. Add the meat
turn it over to coat both sides.
Cover and cook:
crock pot on low for 8-9 hours
oven 325º for 2-3 hours
oven 300º for 3-4 hours
oven 250º for 5-6 hours
oven 200º for 9 hours

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment